15.6.09

a long, long three days

I'm back! Been back in romantic Heidelberg for a few days now, but haven't really gotten around to writing about the trip.

It was wild. And I don't really have the time or energy at the moment to give it the detailed analysis it deserves. It will come, I promise. Let's just say we cycled ca. 160 km over 2 days, without money or a map, nowhere to camp, one exploded tire, many many overly kind Germans, rain, thunder, hail, sunny skies, beautiful German countryside, concrete factories, many many middle of nowhere towns, castles, and raw fish for dinner. Only the last detail wasn't true.

Until then, please see Rick's blog (on the right hand side of this blog, under Rick S) for some details he's written up.

And here some pictures:







So now it's crunch time. My goal is to finish a draft of paper one (of two): A classification of a play by Ludwig Thoma, Moral. Is it a comedy, satire, or thesis-exchange? Elements of all of them, I'd say. But the draft has gotta be done before Sam Work Martin lands in the Fatherland. I can do it.

Until then!

No comments: