27.6.09

Grilling, hiking, posting up.

This week has been quite the whirlwind. I've shown Sam pretty much all there is to see in Heidelberg: the castle, the Neckarwiese, the University, the Hauptstrasse, cafeteria, cafes, the forest, the Philosophenweg, the nightlife, my friends, etc. I think I got it all.
He seems to like it here. Despite a little writing I've actually surprisingly gotten in, it feels like vacation. We've been getting along about as well as you'd expect two people who spend every hour of one week together- a potent mixture of gunpowder, open flames, and water.
We leave Monday morning for Amsterdam. We're going to rent a tandem. So pumped.
Highlight of the week has been hands down the grill evening on Wednesday. Something about grilling with Sam makes the world feel right. Good food, good beer, good people. Our time.

Love from romantic Heidelberg, especially to the Meyer Family reunion in St. Louis,

Alex

No comments: