6.5.09

sing-song schloss sonnenuntergang

(the title is a rhyming german-english hybrid: schloss is castle and sonnenuntergang is sunset)

Monday night Rick, Babsi and I wandered up to the Schlossgarten to play music, drink wine, and watch the sunset. Once we huffed and puffed our way all the way up, we settled into a nice bench and toasted (prost!) the sunset. I broke out the guitar and started singing while the other two wandered around. As you can see the sunset was pretty spectacular, and the view from up there of Heidelberg and beyond is quite nice. I then broke out the tea candles I brought along- at Ikea we somehow decided in October that I'd need 500 tea candles, and I don't want the remaining 350 to go to waste, so I made the mood even more romantic. The sing-song then went into full swing with the Beatles being yelled loudly from the railing towards the sleeping herd of sheep below. My highlight of the night was learning all the words to the Gambler:
you gotta know when to hold em. know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run. you never count your money when youre sitting at the table, there'll be time enough for counting, when the dealins done.
Life lessons abound.
Anywho, a great night, with great people, what more could you ask for?

Love al.

No comments: