22.1.09

baseball

I'm missing baseball, and as the snow melts here and the sun starts to shine a bit more each day, I get that itch to get outside and throw the ball around. Only, my glove is a few thousand miles away, and the closest catch partner either is terrible or only speaks Italian (I hear our little sport is popular there...). I may invest in Mlb.tv this season, as that would be my only way to watch the games, but lemme be serious with myself- How much do I really like sitting on my butt watching the game on TV? Not too much. I love playing it- playing catch is hands down my favorite "athletic" thing to do. I also love going to games. That atmosphere is unbeatable. But I cannot pretend that I care that much, to shell out $50 to watch grainy youtube quality video of all 120 games between April and August. Just not worth it.
But I am feeling good about the Sox this year:

No comments: