24.1.09

10:30 runs, papers

Went for a run last night at 10:30... I'd spent the whole day cooped up in the library and just couldn't take it anymore. Reminds me of working at the Oriental Institute, an 8 hour shift of doing absolutely nothing. I'd check my phone every ten minutes, the day would just crawl by. Then I'd bust out of there, race over to Sam's and change into soccer clothes, and just run around like a 6 year old full of energy. Like the leg-engines (lengines) just sit there all day, spinning without going anywhere, no friction... Then I hit the ground and move without effort. It felt great- except for the end, running the slalom between the hordes of already drunk students. No worries though. I need to run more often. It clears my mind.

I am on paper number 2 now. I'm comparing the role of Artist and Author in the Romantic to the Hegelian conception of practical Freedom. Ballsy.

Liz is coming to visit soon, for my concert next week. I'm excited for both.

Hope all is well. Spring is coming, slowly.

No comments: