26.11.08

It's beginning to look a lot like...


Weihnachten!

Today all the Christmas markets in Heidelberg opened up in full swing. All the bratwurst, glühwein, trinkets, and cheer you could ask for. The lights are all up, the Tannenbäume decorate the squares, and it's getting darker, colder, and a bit snowy! Harry Connick, Jr. has taken a more commanding position in my iTunes playlist, and the Advent candles are looking ready to burn.
I got a care package from my mom today: two tubberware full of cookies, two burts bees lip balms, and a wonderful Christmas decoration for my room. So wonderful... I made coffee today and ate probably 8 cookies... I miss homecooking. But I'm traveling to my relatives in Köln for Christmas, and they (almost) beat my mom at baking, so I'm pretty excited.

Enjoy the people you're with this Thanksgiving, and during Christmas. Because once all the stuff is taken away, the ipods and mittens and long underwear, you have the memory of being with people you love, and who love you. Of staying up, sipping wine, and laughing. Because only people who love you can give you a meaningful hug, can help you when you're down, and can bring you higher when you're flying. I'm thankful for those people in my life.

Listen to: "Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming" by Sufjan Stevens.

No comments: